I’m so pleased that you found out about us, because you’re about to change your life for the better. You’re definitely in the right place if you have:
- A butterfly shaped rash, hives or unexplained rashes.
- Joint pain, achy and painful muscles, muscle weakness or tremors.
- Unexplained changes in weight, rapid heartbeat, sleeplessness, and feeling hot and sweaty.
- Dry skin, eyes and mouth.
- Feel cold when others don’t, hair loss.
- Poor memory recall and inability to concentrate.
- Blood or mucous in your stool, diarrhoea or cramps.
- Feeling too tired and irritable to spend time with your partner, children or friends.
- Tried every diet, supplement and prescription medications, and nothing really helped;
- Been told that your tests are all normal.
- Been told or feel like it’s all in your head.
- You are a busy woman who works hard and likes to play hard.
Some of the symptoms and conditions I work with are:
- Coeliac Disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Psoriasis, etc
I know you care about your health, and you try to eat and exercise right. I also know that you are READY to get these issues resolved so that you can stop constantly worrying about your health and get back to living and loving your full, vibrant, thriving life! You deserve EVERY bit of this life.
If you’re ready to get started, then Let’s do this!
As you may know, autoimmunity is related to gut health, and we can easily start by looking at and adjusting what and how you eat and incorporate lifestyle changes. Other things which can cause your immune system to go awry, and which may need to be investigated and addressed include the following.
- Lifestyle factors like sleep, stress, movement
- Food proteins and their effect on your immune system
- Gut health and ‘leaky gut’
- Viral or bacterial infections
- Pro- and Anti-inflammatory foods
- Toxins, mycotoxins/mould
If you’d like to learn more, check out the articles on autoimmunity.
Even if you’ve tried so many other things, you don’t have to live with your symptoms. Here’s how we can work together.
My treatment philosophy of “Test, Don’t Guess” stems from the basis that we are all individuals and what causes symptoms in one person may not be the same for another. This allows me to put together a personalised treatment plan. Although the focus is not purely on the diagnosis, it does form the starting point of my thought process when we work together.
My general approach is based on emphasis on a nutrient-dense, whole-foods diet, behavioural and lifestyle factors such as stress management, sleep and movement.
Here’s how we can work together.
First, you will have a 20-30 minute Discovery Consultation either in person or via phone. During this appointment, I will ask about your primary health concerns and any relevant history and will then order the appropriate lab tests for your Case Review. I will also answer any questions you may have about working with me, being a patient at Birch Health & Wellness or the case review process.
At the conclusion of the Initial Consult, we will send you any lab requisition or kits you will need, along with a detailed questionnaire to fill out prior to your Case review consultation.
The Case Review consultation is a 60-minute appointment focused on discussing the underlying patterns identified in your lab work and your Case Review intake paperwork. I will make recommendations for further lab testing if necessary and provide you with an initial treatment plan including dietary, supplement and lifestyle therapies. I will also answer any questions you have regarding the diagnosis or treatment plan or anything else related to your care.
Follow up appointments are designed to address the underlying mechanisms that were identified during the Case review process, and to better support you in your health journey.
Other therapies we may use to support you in your health journey and to help take your health to the next level include Frequency Specific Microcurrent, Red/Infrared Light, Massage and Reflexology. These are only available in our clinic in Samlesbury, Preston.
Please click here to schedule a consultation.